PPA’s Human Resources Division
The Pohnpei Port Authority Human Resources Office works with departments and retain qualified personnel through facilitation of processes,benefits programs, services and consultation to ensure quality services,involvement, alignment, diversity, and high performance.
- Administer benefits program;
- Analyzes compensation polices to retain, attract and motivate employees;
- Chair Personnel and Staff Development Assembly Meetings;
- Coordinate employment activities;
- Develop and oversee new hire orientation program system wide including exit process;
- Direct development of job analysis, descriptions, evaluation , grading and pricing;
- Plan, coordinate, and direct personnel training and development programs;
- Provide direction for policy development, maintenance, and compliance of rules and regulations;
- Prepare and process employment documents for employees;
- Record, compile, and analyze employment statistical data, identify problems and make recommendations;
- Record and maintain records of all aspects of employment;
- Support the Authority’s mission, goals and objectives and day to day operation.
- Work with supervisors to resolve grievances;