No. PPAVA 03-23
POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION BELOW. PREFERENCE OF EMPLOYMENT SHALL PRIORITIZE FSM CITIZENS RESIDING IN POHNPEI STATE:
POSITION: Information Technology Technician
SALARY: $14,091.00.00 per annum (COLA included)
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: January 11, 2023
CLOSING DATE: January 27, 2023
SUMMARY: Responsible for the maintenance and management of the information technology & network system of Pohnpei Port Authority. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for the analysis, programming, technical support, equipment operation and data entry;
- Installs, configures and maintains software and hardware components of computer and network systems.
- Diagnosis and troubleshoots software and hardware issues and provides necessary maintenance to support network availability and to the users;
- Repairs and replaces damaged computers and network components;
- Ensures the security of client and server computers by installing and updating antivirus programs;
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks to ensure the safe and efficient operation of IT equipment, systems, and applications;
- Performs the maintenance and updates of the PPA website;
- Supports the employees whenever they encounter challenges with the computers and network devices/system;
- Ensures to implement the PPA’s IT policies and procedures, otherwise complies with the PPA’s regulations and policies;
- Performs other duties as required.
Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school plus 2 years’ work experience in IT or related fields or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Application forms can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State or visit the PPA website at ppa.fm. Completed applications should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date.