POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION BELOW. PREFERENCE OF EMPLOYMENT SHALL PRORITIZE FSM CITIZENS RESIDING IN POHNPEI STATE:
POSITION: Financial Manager
SALARY: Ungraded $25,000.00 – $30,000.00 (COLA Included) Per Annum
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority, Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: December 6, 2022
CLOSING DATE: December 21, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists Comptroller in preparation of PPA annual budget.
2. Assists Comptroller in explaining accounting compliance with management and accounting staff.
3. Assists Comptroller in preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports.
4. Assists the Comptroller in analyzing cost, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the PPA’s actual performance compared to the business plan.
5. Assists Comptroller in preparing & interpreting financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss statements and cash flow statement).
6. Managing and ensuring that all AP and journal vouchers entering into the accounting system are properly approved and signed by Comptroller.
All other transactions entered into the accounting are reviewed for accuracy and appropriately through accounting process.
7. Assist comptroller in preparing budget vs. actual for Management and Board on a quarterly basis.
8. Assists Comptroller to design a framework for those to be met.
9. Assist Comptroller to Create cost analysis reports for other departments.
10. Assists the Comptroller in liaising with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of PPA finances is maintained.
11. Ensures regulations and policies are complied throughout PPA. Responsible to ensure that accounting division is in compliance with the financial system regulations.
12. Keeps track of accounts payable and accounts receivable. Ensures that all reimbursable transactions are reimbursed. All AR accounts are reconciled and collected in a timely manner.
13. Responsible that assigned staff that General Ledger accounts are reconciled on a quarterly basis. Bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis no later than the second week of subsequent month.
14. Maintains Fixed Asset Inventory and ensures depreciation of assets is done accordingly and timely.
15. Ensures that all payables are paid timely and accordingly. All supporting documents are properly reviewed and approved.
16. Monitors that all expendable assets and fixed assets are tagged prior to payment. Invoices of such must be with the assets tag numbers. Ensures that all purchases are matched with the purchase order or miscellaneous request assigned finance staff before distribution Finance Manager will be responsible to ensure that all purchases are properly handled and complied. All other emergencies purchase must be approved by GM or designee.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Proven experience as a Financial Manager who has previous roles as financial analyst, extensive understanding of financial trends both within the PPA and general market patterns, proficient user of finance software, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used, solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles, working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
No direct supervisory roll may assist in carry out include assists in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; assist in planning, assigning, and directing work; assists in appraising performance; assists in rewarding and disciplining employees; assists in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics plus three to five years’ work experience in Finance management positions or related fields. Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.