No. PPAVA 16-22
POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
POSITION: Chief of Maintenance
SALARY: Grade-11 Starting Salary with COLA: $16,748.00 Per Annum
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: August 9, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2022
SUMMARY:Directs the custodial, technicians, landscaping and grounds-keeping tasks to maintain the buildings, grounds and properties of the Pohnpei Ports Authority and to otherwise assure that the areas are sanitary, uncluttered and free of debris. Perform duties in supervising the motor shop works and maintenance, building maintenance group, be able to work with computer, and have knowledge in Microsoft excel and word, prepare schedules for periodic maintenance of all company equipment, buildings, apparatuses, facilities and all other administrative duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Directs custodial, landscaping and grounds-keeping tasks to maintain the airfield, buildings, grounds and properties, and to otherwise assure that the areas and facilities are sanitary, uncluttered and free of debris.
- Conduct physical periodic inspection of the Airport, Seaport and all other properties of PPA; Process and evaluate the report and make judgement of what necessary action needed in the maintenance system as required by the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Schedules assignments for employees based on priorities determined by the management to assure that critical work is performed on a timely basis. Directs and supervises the work accordingly
- Manages the inventory and procurement of tools, equipment and materials needed to perform mechanical, electrical, electronic, plumping, air-cooling system, landscaping, grounds-keeping and custodial assignments.
- Advises the managers regarding the proper care and maintenance of buildings, landscapes and facilities. Coordinates the programs for such care and maintenance. Conducts inspections to assure that policies and procedures on maintenance, landscaping and grounds-keeping are followed, particularly those regarding the airfield and runways.
- Exercise with respect the authority delegated especially in proper orientation and disciplinary system within the division.
- Organizes and implements training and development programs to assure that employees are effective in their work, that they strictly adhere to safety rules and regulations, and that capable employees are available to assume the duties and responsibilities of vacant positions.
- Regularly inspects and evaluates runways, airfield, grounds, equipment, motors, vehicles, air-conditioning, buildings and facilities to assure proper maintenance and appearance. Assures that routine maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance activities are carried out according to procedures.
- Assures proper care and maintenance of the tools and equipment used in the work performed, and assures that all tools and equipment are accounted for. Assures that cleaning agents, chemicals, and fertilizers are sores and applied according to standards and regulations.
- Develops and submits estimates of costs and time required to complete projects. Maintains records and otherwise documents inspections and maintenance performed regarding runways, airfields, buildings, and facilities.
- Assures that safe work practices are applied on the job and that rules and regulations regarding safety and security are followed in the work place. Schedules routine safety inspections accordingly.
- Performing office works sufficiently and continuously welcome more ideas, techniques and practice aiming to sharpen his skill and ability especially through the use of modern technology, or computerized equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five years related experience and/or training in building maintenance and landscaping.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.