No. PPAVA 14-22
POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
SALARY: Grade 2
Starting Salary with COLA – $8,560.00 per Annum
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: June 28, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 15, 2022
SUMMARY: Performs landscaping and custodial assignments to maintain the grounds and properties of the Pohnpei Ports Authority and to otherwise assure that the areas are uncluttered and free of debris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly collects and disposes of trash, garbage and debris on the grounds, runways, airfields and in parking lots and other open areas of the airport and seaports to keep such areas of Pohnpei Ports Authority free of refuse and similar materials. Assures that such refuse is disposed of properly and according to established procedures. Otherwise performs related tasks to assure the appearance of the areas assigned.
- Regularly mows grass, cuts weeds and bushes; trims trees; and performs similar tasks using hand tools, lawn mowers, bush cutters, chain saws and other power equipment to maintain the appearance of assigned areas and to assure that facilities are unobstructed. Such areas include, but are not limited to runway shoulders, visual aids, safety zones, fencing perimeters, and parking lots. Otherwise performs related tasks to assure the appearance of the grounds and that the assigned areas are free of obstructions.
- Plants shrubbery, trees and decorative foliage in planters and assigned areas, and maintains such landscape items with water and fertilizers as instructed. Maintains decorative plants and shrubs in offices as instructed.
- Reports damaged facilities, malfunctions, and other items needing maintenance and repairs as encountered in the performance of duties.
- Assists the custodial crews in the related maintenance of buildings and facilities as assigned.
- Applies safe work practices on the job and otherwise follows rules and regulations regarding safety and security in the work place.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.