POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION FOR:
POSITION: Marketing Manager
SALARY: Grade -13 $28,900.00 (COLA Included)
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: January 26, 2023
CLOSING DATE: February 13, 2023
SUMMARY: To develop and implement marketing policies, programs and campaigns for the Pohnpei Port Authority (PPA).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Including the following.
- Research and development strategic goals and campaign plans to promote PPA and its mandate. Identify marketing schemes to enhance and strategically promote PPA.
- Create engaging and informative content for the PPA website, social media, and any other marketing channels that PPA would leverage.
- Build sustainable relationships and partnerships with Government agencies, local leaderships, businesses, and with other relevant partners and customers in support of PPA’s mandate.
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate trainings on effective implementation of marketing plans, strategies, and policies to promote and strengthen growth across PPA.
- Collaborate and coordinate engagement activities in the community and at public events to showcase PPA’s involvement and support to its diverse communities.
- Negotiate service contracts needed to effectively execute PPA’s marketing strategy to augment revenue generation schemes.
- Secure PPA’s membership with regional and international organizations to keep PPA abreast and current with best practices and trends.
- Seek out available grants and funding sources which PPA can apply to diversify its funding streams to enhance its self-sustaining efforts.
- Ensures that all leases are updated and are in compliance with the stipulation of the lease and that all PPA properties are in good and safe condition and can be potentially leased.
- Oversee public press, community engagement, and advertisement for PPA.
- Submit monthly reports, risk assessment report with analysis, and an annual report. Submit other reports as required
- Develop and manage the division budgets to effectively achieve set annual targets.
- Performs other duties required.
- Supervises personnel under the Marketing Division.
- Coordinate with HR and recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the division.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the division.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations of division staff.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred. At least three years of experience in a related field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.