POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
POSITION: Chief of Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF)
SALARY: Grade – 11 $12,848.00
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: September 7, 2018
CLOSING DATE: September 28, 2018
SUMMARY: Schedule and directs the training and activities of Aircraft Rescue & Firefighting operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assures that the Aircraft Rescue & Firefighting is effectively staffed, and that the prescribed services of the function is properly scheduled and available to accommodate arriving and departing aircraft.
- Assure that aircraft rescue & firefighting trucks and comparable vehicles are in stand-by readiness and properly positioned for aircraft arrivals and departures. Determines preferred and alternative routes in the events of emergencies.
- Organize, directs and actively participates in classes, training programs and airport emergency drills to develop and maintain the skills and abilities to apply advanced methods and techniques of unusual hazards.
- Organize, directs and actively participates in classes and training for employees of the section to develop and maintain advanced skills in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Establishes procedures to promptly administer such applications to persons needing emergency treatment accordingly.
- Continuously briefs subordinates regarding developments in aircraft rescue & firefighting, and first-aid procedures.
- Directs operations to control and extinguish fire, and to rescue people in the event of aircraft crashes, facilitate fires and similar emergencies. Coordinates such operations with local emergency organizations and regulatory agencies as required by established regulations and approved procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises approximately 11 employees in the Aircraft Rescue & Firefighter Section. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing,hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Otherwise must successfully complete the prescribed training in aircraft rescue and firefighting management.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State or at the Port Authority’s website www.ppa.fm. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.