POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
POSITION: Trades Technician (Equipment Operator 2 Positions)
SALARY: Grade-4 Starting at $9,775.00 Per Annum (COLA included)
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: August 6, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2019
SUMMARY: Operates Equipment, inspect and ensure that the PPA equipment are in good condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITES Including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates PPA heavy equipment such as excavator, dump truck, backhoe, tractors, and other heavy equipment assigned by the FM&ID Manager or his designee.
- Responsible for transportation of the equipment to and from the project site and to make sure that equipment is clean daily and must be ready for the next day operation.
- Regularly inspects and evaluates equipment to assure proper operation and service. Assists performs routine repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance of all equipment according to procedures.
- Assists repairs, or replaces components such as, but not limited to, transmission systems, axels, air compressors, pumps, filter units, superchargers, starters, generators, reduction gears, hydraulic couplings, and braking, steering, electric and cooling systems in the vehicles and automotive equipment.
- Assists disassembles and assembles diesel and gasoline engines and inspects and replaces such parts as pistons, piston rings, valves, beatings, wrists pins, gaskets and cylinder liners.
- Assists installs engines and aligns them with the machinery they drive.
- Otherwise repairs various specialized mechanical parts and components of light and heavy equipment.
- Maintains effective knowledge of the standard principles, methods, practices, techniques, tools and test equipment used in maintenance and repair of equipment. Otherwise assures proper care and maintenance of the tools and equipment used in the work performed, and assures that all tools and equipment are accounted for.
- Prepares and submits standard reports regarding inspections, repairs and maintenance performed on vehicles, equipment, components and systems noting in particular those items needing specialized and /or immediate maintenance and repairs.
- Applies safe work practices on the job and otherwise follows rules and regulations regarding safety and security in the work place.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year College and/or technical school or High School graduate plus five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have no record of felony or criminal conviction. Must have a valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the link in blue or at the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.