POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATION (S) FOR THE POSITION BELOW:
POSITION: Trades Specialist
SALARY: Grade-9 Starting at $14,091.00 Per Annum (COLA included)
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: August 6, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2019
SUMMARY:Directs and supervises the work assigned to maintain the vehicles, facilities, buildings and equipment of the Pohnpei Ports Authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules and directs the inspection, maintenance, repairs and be able to prepared and carry out the preventive maintenance program of the facility equipment as directed by the management.
- Schedules and directs assignments based on priorities determined by the management to assure that critical work is performed on a timely basis. Directs and supervises the work accordingly
- Manages the inventory and procurement of parts and materials needed to maintain and repair refrigeration & air-conditions, motors, conveyors and all facility equipment and be able to rewind motors if necessary.
- Advises the managers regarding the proper care and maintenance of the facility equipment. Coordinates the programs for such care and maintenance. Conducts inspections to assure that policies and procedures on maintenance and repair work are followed.
- Organizes and implements training and development programs related to his/her responsibilities to assure that employees are effective in the work, that they strictly adhere to safety rules and regulations, and that capable employees are available to assume the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Regularly inspects and evaluates refrigeration & air-conditions, electric motors, electric conveyors, smoke detectors and all facility equipment to assure proper operations and service. Assures that routine maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance activities are carried out according to procedures.
- Maintains effective knowledge of the standard principles, methods, practices, techniques, tools and test equipment used in the position. Otherwise assures proper care and maintenance of the tools and equipment used in the work performed, and assures that all tools and equipment are accounted for.
- Maintains records and otherwise documents inspections, repairs and maintenance performed on facility equipment such as, refrigeration & air-conditions, building conveyors, motors, smoke detectors and all electrical devices in the facilities of the Pohnpei Port Authority.
- Assures that safe work practices are applied on the job and that rules and regulations regarding safety and security are followed in the work place. Schedules routine safety inspections accordingly.
- Provides in-house training to employees under his/her supervision to insure that employees follows instruction in maintaining facility equipment and vehicles.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two to four years college or technical school and 5 or more years related experience and/or training in electrical, refrigeration & air-condition and mechanical and/or various trades; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The individual must be a licensed/certified in electrical, refrigeration & air-conditioning and mechanical.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the link in blue or at the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.