POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
POSITION: Custodial Worker
SALARY: Grade-2 Starting at $4,660.00 Per Annum
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: December 6, 2018
CLOSING DATE: December 21, 2018
SUMMARY: Performs custodial assignments to maintain the appearance and sanitation of the buildings and facilities of the Pohnpei Port Authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly collects and disposes of trash, garbage and debris in the buildings, facilities and common areas to keep such areas of Pohnpei Port Authority free of refuse and similar materials, and to ensure that facilities are unobstructed. Assures that such refuse is disposed properly and according to established procedures. Otherwise performs related tasks to assure the appearance of the areas assigned.
- Regularly sweeps, mops, polishes and otherwise cleans floors, walls and facilities including windows using cleaning solutions, hand tools and power equipment to maintain the appearance of the assigned areas. Otherwise performs related tasks to assure the appearance of the grounds and that the assigned area are free of obstructions.
- Regularly cleans and sanitizes restroom facilities according to procedures to maintain the appearance of assigned areas. Assures that restrooms are adequately supplied with toilet papers, hand towels, hand soaps and other standard supplies.
- Posts signs according to procedures to caution persons when cleaning and maintenance activities are in progress, and warn of wet floors, obstructions and similar hazards.
- Performs other custodial and related maintenance tasks to assure the appearance of the buildings, facilities and common areas, and that the assigned areas are free of obstructions.
- Reports damaged facilities, malfunctions, and other items needing maintenance and repairs as encountered in the performance of duties.
- Assists the grounds keeper crews in the related maintenance of grounds and properties as required.
- Applies safe work practices on the job and otherwise follows rules and regulations regarding safety and security in the work place.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or general education (GED) or training plus one year experience in custodial services or related field. Must have no record of felony or criminal convection. Having driver’s license is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the link in blue or at the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.