POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
POSITION: Trade Helper (6 Months)
SALARY: Upgraded $200.00 Bi-weekly (4 Positions)
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: July 6, 2018
CLOSING DATE: July 27, 2018
SUMMARY: Assists in various tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of the Navigational Aid or Markers around the Islands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transport tools, equipment and materials to and from work site to assist Trades Technicians with assignments involving the maintenance and repair of building, facilities, equipment and markers around the island.
- Cleans tools, equipment and materials, and work areas. Stores and otherwise accounts for all tools, equipment and materials as instructed.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and brace and otherwise prepare work sites as assigned. Disassembles and stores scaffolding, shoring, braces and associated equipment upon completion of the projects accordingly.
- Uses shovel, picks, hoes, and rakes to dig, spread, and level dirt and gravel at work sites.
- Mixes, pours, and spread concrete, gravel, and other materials, using hand tools and mixers.
- Sprays, cleans, coats, or seals surfaces; applies caulking compound; grinds, sands, or polishes surface abrasive tools or machines.
- Performs a variety of manual,routine tasks such as measuring distances, driving stakes, securing bolts and nails, positioning traffic cones and hands and tools such as sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe hangers, and cutting and attaching insulating material.
- Assist the custodial and grounds-keeping crews in the maintenance of the buildings and facilities, removal of debris, and minor repairs as assigned.
- Applies safe work practices on the job and otherwise follows rules and regulations regarding safety and security in the work place.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related work experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State or at the Port Authority’s website www.ppa.fm. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.