POHNPEI PORT AUTHORITY, A PUBLIC CORPORATION OF THE POHNPEI STATE GOVERNMENT, IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
POSITION: Airport Police Officer and AVSEC Screener (3 Positions)
SALARY: Grade-3 Starting at $5,232.00 Per Annum
LOCATION: Pohnpei Port Authority
Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State
OPENING DATE: March 22, 2018
CLOSING DATE: April 06, 2018
SUMMARY: Directs the safety and security programs of the airport, and supervises the patrol and monitoring of airport property and facilities accordingly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Patrols and monitors the runways and facilities of the airport. Physically checks and tests airport security access areas such as security doors and baggage claims areas to assure controlled access. Identifies and reports real and potential security breaches.
- Screens all outgoing passengers and non-passengers according to the airport regulations and other regional standard procedures.
- Enforces authorized access to controlled areas and procedures regarding identification badges. Otherwise enforces regulatory mandates, rules, regulations and procedures using prescribed public relations and/or confrontation protocols and procedures.
- Directs and controls vehicular traffic at the airport, and assures that parking lots and traffic ways are controlled accordingly.
- Divests passengers from their carry-on items and personnel effects prior to walking through the metal detector. Monitor walk-through metal detector and X-ray machine.
- Identify, define and classify prohibited items employing the use of AVSEC X-ray machine, or by manual searches on persons and carry-on items.
- Regularly participates in classes, training programs and exercises to develop and maintain skills and abilities to provide effective security and safety at the airport.
- Test and validates work ability of all AVSEC apparatus, and systems as well as report facility and equipment in need of maintenance attention.
- Performs AVSEC sterilization of all passenger holding areas.
- Prepares and submits reports regarding safety & security incidents according to procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from college or high school plus two years of police work or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Otherwise must successfully complete the prescribed training in airport security and safety. Must have no record of felony or criminal conviction. Having driver’s license is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be obtained from the office of the Pohnpei Port Authority at Dekehtik Island, Pohnpei State or at the Port Authority’s website www.ppa.fm. Completed applications or resume should be submitted to the same office no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement.